Sunday, March 13, 2016

Open Post to Peer Reviewers

AUDIENCE QUESTION:

I feel that this revision process will be pretty easy. I know, for the most part, what I need to fix in my essay. However, I have the lingering suspicion that I am too confident.

AUTHOR RESPONSE:

What you should know?

  • I forgot to put a works cited.
  • My conclusion is garbage.
My weaknesses
  • Terrible conclusion
  • I feel my wording is redundant
  • Run-on sentences
  • Some of my claims lack depth
My strengths
  • Unique structure
  • My essay encompasses various genres in depth
  • Thorough analysis of rhetoric

2 comments:

  1. Peer Review Comments:
    Make a more creative title
    Make introductory sentence a little more grabbing
    The conclusion is vague and irrelevant, but it's just a draft... rework it
    I'd suggest putting which two or three genres you will discuss in the final sentence in your introduction
    I like the pop culture reference to fight club!

    Overall comments: make introduction more topical (with that last sentence), add a proper conclusion, good to go

    ReplyDelete
  2. Content Suggestion:

    Overall the entire essay really was amazing in my opinion and so my suggestions are fairly minimal. I would suggest reworking the intro sentence just a bit- it’s too wordy with the repetition of the word “American” and it detracts from the rest.

    Other than that, the only thing I would do differently is include the first sentence of the second paragraph in the intro paragraph. It would make for a strong thesis and a strong ending to a very well written into that would really give the reader a sense of direction and understanding of what the main focus of the essay is.


    I think this feedback could help improve what is already a very good essay. I think just the small refinement of the intro would better set the initial tone of the work and leave no doubt in the reader’s mind what the essay is about.

    ReplyDelete