Monday, April 18, 2016

Peer Review for Ben Meyer

For my peer review of a fellow section-member, I decided to review the Quick Reference Guide of Ben Meyer on the redesigning of the SAT, "New Year, New... Test?".

Why I recommended him to make him a content suggestion...

  • When first reading through this essay, it was quite hard to find any gaping flaws. On the second read through, I noticed a odd imbalance in the sources referenced to page count ratio. Basically, I feel that, even though you are walking a thin line with QRGs, you could further furnish your essay with your salvaged content in order to lengthen your impressive essay.
Why I think this helped...
  • I believe that my recommendation to the essay was valuable because there is a very thin line one most walk on when writing QRGs on the border of too much and too little information. I feel by alerting the author of this he might lean on the side of safety and add a little more content.
What I drew upon from in class discussions (an intangible source material)...
  • In the preliminary lessons of the course, our class was tasked with listing the various contextual boundaries of the different genres we would have to do our projects within. When addressing the QRG, two somewhat opposing rules where mentioned: having succinct content and providing the reader with complete knowledge on the subject.
What I liked...
  • The true beauty of this project lies in its heightened attention to its audience. Who'd read an essay on the changes made to the SAT? Those taking the SAT. The QRG relies on conversational and causal diction and an easy to follow layout in order to appeal to his younger audience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment