Sunday, February 21, 2016

Local Revisions: Tense Usage

Past:
Existed
Has
Served
Picked
Saw
Was
Were
Overlooked
Has
Led
Has
Has
Were
Considered
Pointed
Has
Voiced
Announced
Were
Overlooked
Expressed
Produced
Decided
Outdated
Has
Continued
Were
Angered
Overlooked
Has
Were
Offended
Revised

Present:
Have
Places
Are
Is
Have
Is
Pick
Argue
Take
Use
Voice
Are
Have
Increase
Is
Are
Have
Supports
Argue
Be
Go
Call
Be
Is
Is
Win
Are
Be
Is
Pick
Cites
Back
Is
Fix
Is
Provide
Feel
Soothe
Broadcast

Future:
Will tell

Questions:

1. The present tense.

2. I believe that my emphasis on the present and past tenses gives my project a reflective and scene-setting tone. I feel that by abstaining from the future tense until the last line that I properly alluded to the ongoing nature of this controversy with my tone.

3. I feel that my tones, though shifting frequently between the past and present tenses flow well because in their contexts I properly articulate the causes using the past tense and then the effects using the present.

4. I use the present tense frequently in order to illustrate the incompleteness of this controversy which is important because the event in question has not happened yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment