Sunday, February 21, 2016

Local Revision: Pronoun Usage

1. I used pronouns rather sparingly. This is most likely a sign that I need to go more in depth in my project because pronouns are only used correctly when referring to the subject for at least the second time so I am mentioning too many people just once. Perhaps, I am focusing on mentioning everyone in the conflict opposed to honing in on the most important people.

2. There is one instance where I use the word "we" to refer to the audience and I in the context of "This year's Academy Awards is set to pick the best pictures and performances for 2015, the year we saw Ferguson and various other fatal police shootings of African American citizens." I believe this is effective in connecting with the audience over a national tragedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment